Requirements for using Statement Converter
To use Statement Converter, you need the following 3 items:
1. Your bank account or credit card statement in CSV or Excel format (not PDF, QIF, QBO). If you have PDF files, see here.
2. QuickBooks for Windows 99 ~ 2017, QuickBooks Enterprise through 13.0, or QuickBooks Mac 2004 ~ 2013. U.S., Canadian, Australian and UK versions of QuickBooks are supported. Some features work only with QuickBooks version years 2007 or higher and Enterprise 7.0 or higher. Not compatible with QuickBooks Online; instead see How to Import into QuickBooks Online.
- If you have a version other than listed above, request a sample converted file so that you can do a test import before ordering.
3. Microsoft Excel:
- For Windows, any full version of Excel should work (not Starter).
- For Mac, Excel 2011 or 2013 (not 2004, 2008, 2016).
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH:
- QuickBooks Online, Simple Start (see: How to Import into QuickBooks Online)
- Excel for Mac 2004, 2008, 2016 (issues with VBA)
- Excel Starter (it does not allow Add-ins)
- OpenOffice, LibreOffice (it does not have VBA)
- Account statements in PDF/QIF/QBO format (Statement Converter requires CSV/Excel files). If you have PDFs, see here.
- Multiple/foreign currencies. For a workaround, please see: Working with Multiple Currencies